Jennifer Haupt has been a journalist for more than 25 years, writing primarily about women prompted by their own depression and grief to reach out and help others to heal. She went to Rwanda in 2006, twelve years after the genocide that wiped out over one million people, to explore the connections between forgiveness and grief. Jennifer spent a month interviewing survivors and humanitarian aid workers, and returned to Seattle with something unexpected: the bones of a novel.
Haupt's essays and articles have been published in O, The Oprah Magazine, The Millions, The Rumpus, Spirituality & Health, Travel & Leisure, The Sun and many other publications. Her popular Psychology Today blog, One True Thing, is a collection of essays contributed by and interviews with bestselling and emerging authors. In the Shadow of Ten Thousand Hills is her debut novel.
Talks and Topics
- In the Shadow of 10,000 Hills presentation
- Place as Character: Cultural Sensitivity and Artistic License
- Short-term and Long-haul Strategies to Keep the Writing Faith
- "Never Again" for Everyone: The Common Bond of Amahoro
- Creativity as a Management Tool for Treatment-resistant Depression
- My trip to Rwanda: Finding the Bones of a Novel in the Stories of Real People (multi-media)
- Still She Persisted: 11 Years of Rejection Made Me a Stronger Writer
- Book Publicity 101: Build a Plan to Launch Your Novel
Check Jennifer's Availability
Previous & Upcoming Events:
- April 21, 2018: Unbound Book Festival, Columbia MO
- April 26, 2018: Get Lit! Festival, Spokane, WA
- April 27, 2018: Powell's City of Books, Portland OR
- May 23, 2018: Books Culture on Columbus, New York City
- June 14, 2018: A Room of One's Own, Madison WI
- June 22, 2018: Beach Books, Seaside OR - Workshop: "Build a Web of Characters"
- June 29, 2018: Sunriver Books, Bend, OR - Workshop: "Strategies to Keep the Writing Faith"
- September 15, 2018: The Writer's Workshoppe, Port Townsend, WA - "Strategies for Writing Through Brick Walls"
- October 12, 2018: Southern Festival of Books, Nashville TN
In the News: